Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is dedicated to the conservation of bonefish, tarpon and permit—the species, their habitats, and the larger fisheries they comprise. We pursue this mission in Florida and across the Caribbean Basin, from the Bahamas to Mexico, through research, education and advocacy. Our record of accomplishment and ongoing programs distinguish BTT as a leader in the conservation of these species and their habitats. Visit www.btt.org to learn more.
The Database & Development Manager works closely with the Director of Development and is primarily responsible for coordinating the acquisition and renewal of BTT members through Direct Answer, receipting and acknowledging contributions made by select donors, data entry for contributions made by select donors, and ensuring the integrity of the membership database. This position is also responsible for conducting donor/prospect research and generating reports from the database.
This position is based in Miami, Florida, and reports to the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Database & Development Manager supports BTT’s mission and contributes to the effective and efficient performance of its development function by performing the following:
- Serves as primary liaison to external vendor(s) who implement membership renewal, acquisition and appeal mailings. In collaboration with the Director of Development, he/she provides required data, content for letters and inserts, and the annual schedules for mailings.
- Serves as primary liaison to external vendor(s) who provide benefit fulfillment services for BTT, ensuring that the vendor(s) have the materials and organizational guidance needed to complete their contracted tasks.
- Serves as primary liaison to external Vendor(s) who fulfill BTT Store orders, ensuring that the vendor(s) have the products needed to complete their contracted tasks.
- Serves as the main point of contact for BTT members.
- Manages the BTT database of members and donors, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of BTT’s digital records.
- Generates reports from the database as needed to support fundraising activities, donor stewardship, and reporting requirements of the Board of Directors and auditors.
- S(he) supports fundraising and marketing objectives by attending industry shows and BTT events.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security including management of confidential information.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Requirements for the Database and Development Coordinator position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- This includes high levels of functionality within the development, membership and events programs. The qualified candidate must have great attention to detail, strong work ethic and exercise strict self-discipline and dedication to operating ethically and professionally.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a small office environment and work in a collaborative role with others.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with self-direction.
- Dedication to operate ethically and professionally.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software.
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrated ability in using discretion where appropriate and maintaining confidentiality in all matters, especially pertaining to donors and their records.
- Knowledge of recreational fisheries, fishing and the philanthropic markets associated with them a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive among non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid annual and sick leave
- Professional development assistance
Send a cover letter and resume to BTT Director of Development Mark Rehbein (by mail or email]. Deadline to apply is August 28, 2020.
Mark Rehbein: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
2937 SW 27th Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer