The Bonefish & Tarpon Journal is a free publication produced annually to provide the latest information on the scientific efforts to understand bonefish, tarpon, permit and their habitats as well as fishing articles, angler profiles, photographs and other interesting information about the flats fisheries and BTT's efforts to conserve them.
Grab a hard copy of the latest Journal at these locations.
Bonefish & Tarpon International Symposia
Research is a critical part of BTT's work and informs our efforts to advocate for the fisheries and educate the public. Here you can find published scientific reports focusing on bonefish, tarpon, or permit fisheries. These research studies were made possible by BTT funding from contributions.
Click on the links below to view the full report.
- Audubon Flats Study
- Florida Keys Economic Impact Report
- Caloosahatchee River and Charlotte Harbor Economic Impact Report
- Bahamas Flats Economic Impact Report (Coming soon)
- Everglades Economic Impact Report (Coming soon)
- Belize Recreational Fishing Economic Impact Report
- Belize Recreational Fishing Economic Impact Summary
- Patterns of juvenile habitat use and seasonality of settlement by permit, Trachinotus falcatus
- Rethinking the status of Albula spp. biology in the Caribbean and western Atlantic
- Research Report: Belize River Lodge
- Preliminary results of Belize Tarpon tags
- Consequences of Angling Practices for Bonefish
- An evaluation of the injury and short-term survival of bonefish (Albula spp.) as influenced by a mechanical lip-gripping device used by recreational anglers
- Movements and site fidelity of the bonefish Albula vulpes in the northern Florida Keys determined by acoustic telemetry (Coming soon)
- 2007 Atlantic Tarpon PAT-Tagging: Summary of Preliminary Results (Coming soon)
- Bonefish and Tarpon Conservation Research: Annual Report for 2007 (Coming soon)
- Atlantic Tarpon Satellite PAT-Tagging: 2009 Summary Report
- Summary of 2007-2008 Atlantic Tarpon Satellite PAT-Tagging: Preliminary Results on Migrations and Spawning (Coming soon)
- Economic value of the Everglades and its fisheries